Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Well I have...

Mama's Losin' It

WRITER'S WORKSHOP PROMPT:
Begin each line of your post with “have you ever”.

Only I'm changing it to Begin each paragraph of your post with "have you ever".


Photobucket

Have you ever called a man other than your husband hot?
Did it cause controversy like it did for me HERE? When I told my husband about my niece's disapproval of my calling other men hot he said, "Well she's just young. She'll figure it out."
.
And it's true. She'll learn that calling a celebrity hot is the same as calling a fictional character say like Edward Cullen hot (although I'm more of a Jacob woman but whatever) it doesn't mean anything. When I told my husband this he agreed so I asked him, "Who do you think is hot?" To which he replied, "You." (so sweet).
.
Then I reminded him that I'm not pregnant or otherwise hormonal in any way so he could tell me the truth and when he still wouldn't I mentioned a few stars that I thought were beautiful (because women know when other women are beautiful and it has nothing to do with sea salt and vinegar potato chips (?)) and he agreed with my choices and it wasn't one bit threatening so apparently "Hot" is not a four letter word in our house.
.
And speaking of hot...
Have you ever thought it would be hot to have a tattoo?
I used to but now (and I hope not to offend) I'm getting sick of looking at them. They're everywhere and I'm so over it. So I LOVED when Teresa from the Real Housewives of New Jersey explained that she doesn't have any tattoos because (and I quote) "Would you put a bumper sticker on a Bentley?" Fabulous.
.
Have you ever watched the Real Housewives of New Jersey?
I pretty much love Jersey girls. They're so fascinating to listen to (Caroline sounds like a female version of the Godfather when she talks. Love) And I love how they're so tough. Now I know why my BFF is so cool and tough. She was born in Jersey and let me tell you, she always had my back.
.
Have you ever been addicted to pot?
I never was, never even tried it until my good friends Holly and Vandee introduced me to it (for medicinal purposes only of course) and now I can see myself becoming addicted to it very quickly. It feels so good I could use it all day long. In fact I'm fixin' to go stuff it up my nose right now.
.
Huh?
.
Oh... you thought I meant... oh no I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about a Neti Pot. I use it to dump a saline solution up one nostril then watch it flow out the other nostril. It's quite amazing really and does wonders for my allergies. You must try it. It's fun. Seriously.
.
Have you ever noticed that your blog post was getting WAY TOO LONG then ended it rather abruptly?

10 comments:

Kathy said...

"Would you put a bumper sticker on a Bentley?" Bwaha!

Dumb Mom said...

I say guys are hot all the time. Hubs doesn't care because he doesn't listen to at least 68% of what come out of my mouth. He misses some gems that way I think. I've always wanted a tattoo. Couldn't figure out what to get so I never got around to it. Now I think it'll probably just make me look like a desperate old lady trying to hold on to her last shred of coolness before it's gone for good. I am exactly that so I'd rather not have my secret get out. Bumper sticker on a Bentley. That's pretty good. I'm more of a Taurus though I think.

Marcie Ashton said...

I'm with you on the tatoos. I wanted one when I was younger, but thankfully, I had two kids before I could blink and never acted on my impulse.

I know I'm getting older, but I am flat out shocked when I go to Jr. High basketball games/wrestling matches and see kids that age with tatoos. WOW!

VandyJ said...

Can't bring myself to try a neti pot. I think I had too much water up my nose swimming in high school, not a fun feeling.

KLZ said...

I don't call guys hot - not because my husband would mind the idea of me finding someone else hot but because he would take umbrage with WHO I find hot. And I like to watch the TV without choruses of "you think HE'S hot?"

gretchen said...

Ah! The Sea Salt and Vinegar Potato Chip theory DID get you confused!

I'm sick of tattoos too. SO glad I never got one. In about 10 years, they'll be hopelessly passe.

I'm totally addicted to (Neti) pot too!

Natalie said...

found you on mama kat's. you're post is awesome! a bumper sticker on a bentley. i think about getting a tat sometimes, but i don't want to just make a rash decision and get something to be regretted forever, you know?

If SHE can figure it out.......... said...

Totally going to follow you now! Found you from Mama Kat's and this is a great post. BTW - when I tell my husband that i think someone is hot, he can't help but say "yeah, so am i".

Shellie said...

Hahaha! I have taht kind of pot too!

4boyzmdmom said...

Love the tatoo quote! And love all the gorgeous new photos of your gorgeous children!