Thursday, June 10, 2010

So worth it...

Mama's Losin' It


Writer's Workshop Prompt:
Before I was a mom...


Photobucket

I'm supposed to be on my way to Utah right now with my dearest love. Just he and I (and well, two other men, but no kids). It was to be a weekend of enlightenment and good times for all.

Until...

Waylon decided to participate in a fun little barf-o-rama that began just before bedtime yesterday and lasted ALL NIGHT LONG. So at home I sit... because I am a mom.

Before I was a mom I could selfishly do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I could jet set the world over if it suited my fancy without worrying about the needs of anyone else.

Only...

It didn't suit my fancy to live for myself. Because before I was a mom all I wanted was-- to be a mom.

Barf... missed opportunities... and all.

Of course that doesn't mean I can't be bummed about the barf... missed opportunities... and all.

Because I am.

But at least those kiddos o' mine are worth the sacrifice.

So very, very worth it.

10 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

I was just telling Cade that other than my relationship with Ryan, there is nothing-not a thing- more important to me than being a mom. Not a thing. Even when the hard times come, I'd still rather be their mom than miss a single minute. That being said, I hope the barfing ends soon!

blakley said...

Awww. sorry to hear about missing out on a trip! I know those breaks are definitely needed! hope little one feels better soon! and yes it is so worth it! :)

VandyJ said...

Hope the barfing is not spreading. Amazing that being mom makes aweful things tolerable.

TheShumWAYS said...

That stinks for you and Wey. Sad that we won't see you now.

Lucy said...

Beautifully said! I love your positive attitude. Found you from Mama Kat's writer's workshop and following.

Heather said...

I feel your pain. Last week my kiddo barfed all over his car seat. We have a built in jumpseat style car seat too so I cleaned him up and strapped him into that. He barfed again, and even though he's all better now, the aroma still lingers in the upholstery. But I love my boy and I wouldn't trade him for anything. But I lifetime supply of Febreze would be awesome.

Anonymous said...

Just read this blog...sorry you missed Utah and the meeting. You were so looking forward to it. Hope Waylon is better. Hugs and love.

Jessica B Photography said...

This wasn't THE trip to take him to the MTC was it? You didn't miss out on that, did you? I can't remember when his report date is. Barfing is no fun. You are a saint for staying home!

Jessica B Photography said...

Super cute new pictures, by the way!

arizonamama said...

I agree. So, so worth it. I've been puked on three times tonight and cleaned it up off the floor/carpet two more times. Sick kids are no fun but I wouldn't trade a moment of it either. Besides, when they're sick, they're the BEST cuddlers.