Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Love that shade...

July 15 ~ SHADE

*****************

After spending most of my married life in new construction with nothing but little baby stick trees, I was looking forward to moving to an old pioneer town and enjoying gorgeous, mature shade trees. I love mature trees. But wouldn't you know that Rick and I would fall in love with a home that was only four years old in a newer part of town.

Our home has beautiful landscaping but none of those giant shade trees that I had dreamed of.


But I do enjoy my favorite shady spot here on my front porch. I love to sit out on my rocking chair in the cool shade and watch my kids play. It's a bit of heaven on earth.

And of course I can't talk about shade without mentioning my love of 'shades'. I don't go anywhere without them. If you don't see shades on my face you're sure to see them on top of my head. I love, love, love them.



10 comments:

Chris said...

Oh how I would love a front porch. I would sit out there. And the shades are "cool" too.

Unknown said...

excellent take on the word "shade" for today's challenge! i agree, mature trees add so much to a yard.

MaryRC said...

Mature foliage was a draw to Boulder City for us. Your shady porch IS quite lovely.

Bren's Life said...

You are just so cute! Love your house & shades...

Sarah said...

That front porch looks so great. I would love it. I too never am without my sunglasses (either on my head on covering my eyes). Do you ever get that phantom feeling that your sunglasses are on your head, but they actually are not?

Courtney said...

Beautiful front porch! I love it and you are lookin good in those shades!

Aranne and Dan said...

Your home looks picture perfect... I love it... It would be great to have a front porch to "sit and watch the clouds go by"... you probably are too busy to ever get a chance to do that, but it is nice to dream about it!

The Cranes said...

I LOVE front porches like that!! Unfortunately, I've never had one. But I have had mature trees--both in my last house's yard and my current house's yard. We planted a tree in our backyard in our first Arizona house and before we moved 6 1/2 years later, it was huge. So be patient, the trees will grow!

Dacia said...

Love the shades on you, CUTE! I don't have any trees at all and we live in a neighborhood that's only about 4-5 years old, so there are no big trees here. Maybe in 20 years :)

MaryRC said...

Hey Jeanette can U shoot me an email I don't have urs on my phone, I gotta question 4 u. Mary@maryrc.com