Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hooray for water or Baby grass and toes continued...

July 8 ~ WATER
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last week I sang praises to the sun for its role in helping my baby grass to grow. Well this week my shout out goes to its counterpart the beautiful, refreshing, life giving ~ da, da, da, da.... WATER!!! Just look at how much my baby grass has grown this week thanks largely in part to this wonderful element.



My backyard is actually starting to look green. I'm so happy. Thank you water.
And I also thank you for your ability to get things....



CLEAN!!!
Look at the mess I made while painting yesterday. The mess was actually much worse than this. I accidentally dumped paint into my lap and it soaked my favorite painting pants, my legs and my foot. My pants were dripping so I quickly took them off, but I couldn't stop painting (I was in a zone) so I just continued to work in my skivvies. Marlee came in and said, "Um, mom, don't you think you should put some pants on?" Alright, alright. I got some pants on, but I didn't have time to clean my foot so this is how I walked around all day. But thanks to my good friend water all will be made clean again (except for my favorite painting pants, not even water can save those~ boo, hoo).


And I couldn't complete a post about water without recognizing it as my favorite drink in the whole wide world! Ahhh! There's nothing better!




14 comments:

Unknown said...

what are you painting in that wonderful color?

your baby grass is coming right along! i think we have given up for this year. boohoo.

Sarah said...

That grass is coming in very nicely. I am a pretty messy painter, so I am always grateful for water after a day of painting.

Amber Grannis said...

You're gonna have a golf course before you know it! So sorry to hear about your painting pants! I had a good laugh, tho, imagining you painting bottomless. HA!

Chris said...

You are patient. The grass looks great! I too would like to know what you are painting. You will have to post a picture of that.

Courtney said...

I love the grass...we planted our backyard just 2 years ago and it is as thick as carpet...love it!

I am so sad about your pants...but can relate about being in the zone and not being able to stop...too funny!

Rachael said...

I usually paint with out pants on. Less to get messy...I can clean paint off my leg but not my pants!

Lene said...

Your baby grass is looking wonderful.
You should share what you were painting. That is a wonderful shade of green.

Bren's Life said...

You crack me up! That is just too funny that you didn't clean up..

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are painting it makes me want to come see your paint job. everyone says your awesome at it. By the way there are two yes 2 shoe stores by my house closer then old navy.

MaryRC said...

your yard is lookin LOVELY!! and YAY YOURE PAINTING!!!!!

Dacia said...

Hilarious that you would paint in your underwear! I know how it is when you get in a zone though. The grass looks great and will be in in no time!

Bren's Life said...

Your on my blog, check it out!!

Madison Shea... said...

OH i know i wish you could have been at the lake trip with us too!! It really was fun but it was FREEZING! haha anyway yeah i know that tralior is better but i TOTALLY agree with you about Hayden C.!!!!! He is BEAUTIFUL!! haha! Have you watched Jumper yet?? Let me know when you do!!!

arizonamama said...

First of all who are all these people on your blog. Second as I just learned (or relearned) in Microbiology water is not a element it is a molecule made up of two elements Hydrogene and Oxygen. Third the grass looks great.

P.S. go to Chris' blog and comment. It's great.