Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The almost silent SPT...

Tuesday November 25~
The blue room revealed.

So here is what I was painting last week. My guest "water closet" (and I do mean water CLOSET). Oh how glad I am to be rid of those kid dirty walls. How do kids manage to get walls so dirty anyway?
In decorating this bathroom (um, toilet room) I had to revisit the old days, back when Rick and I were living on love because we sure weren't living on money. In those days I had to decorate on a dime, and now I'm decorating on mere pennies because we are on a serious spending fast. Nothing but food and other necessities baby. So I made these pictures out of stuff that I already had.
Perfect? No. But good enough and a fun way to discover that we can still be happy living on love alone.
And lucky us, we just happen to have an abundant supply of it.

11 comments:

Missy said...

amazing that we can 'live on love' and be happy. it's a hidden blessing of these tough times! cute closet, too! :o)

Jill said...

Way to be resourceful! The toilet closet looks great!

Lene said...

Money - schoney! Who needs it anyways. Yeah right.

I love that color.

Courtney said...

LOVE IT! What a great accomplishment!

Chris said...

Looks great! Gotta love love. :-)

TheShumWAYS said...

Looks great, so where are you onto next? Have you decided how to do your living room? Oh the joys of no money- we're with you there:) But it's been fun figuring out ways to cut back! 2 days till turkey day yeah

Dacia said...

What a cute little toilet room! Love the color! I love this post because it says it all! All you need is love!

mommy nurse said...

Great job! It's amazing our hidden talents.

Ann On and On... said...

What a fun shot...done just in time for Thanksgiving.

MaryRC said...

theres always something laying around that can be brought to life again. i love your picture, you look as if youre living on love...

Bren's Life said...

I love the color.. You are always so talented..