Thursday, July 8, 2010

Yeah, I hear ya...

Mama's Losin' It


WRITER'S WORKSHOP PROMPT:
I wish I would have…describe a time when you didn’t take action, but later wished you would have.

OR...
Describe a time when you realized that you needed to take action to save yourself from future regret.


Photobucket

"I don't care if I never have a book published." I told Rick not too long ago. "In fact I don't really care if I never finish revising my book or if I never write another one. I'm happy just writing my blog. It gives me my writing fix for the day and that's good enough for me." And I meant it too.

Until...

I didn't write on my blog for awhile and wouldn't you know it... MY CHARACTERS CAME OUT TO PLAY. They danced up and down my spine, tickled my nose and caused a whirlpool of excitement to churn around in my tummy. It seems they've missed me and after sufficient begging (seriously, they won't let me sleep) I agreed to come back to them.

What can I say, we're in love (my characters and I) and nothing can separate us (except for blogging, dirty dishes, laundry, children, reality TV, stopping to drive someone here there and everywhere, life... you know... whatever) we always find our way back to each other and oh, the reunion. There's really nothing better.

P.S. Later I'll tell you about another fun thing that happened to make me get back to writing.

P.P.S. I'm gonna have to figure out this whole blogging thing because it does give me my writing fix for the day and that's not good when you've got characters begging for attention. Hmm... what to do? What to do?

1 comments:

The Cranes said...

I've always wanted to be a writer, but I'm just not. When I read about real writers with characters that keep them awake at night and won't leave them alone--never even come close to experiencing something like that! I hope that you haven't been blogging because you have been happily working on your book. But I hope you can manage to do both your book and blogging because I love reading your blog updates!