Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Love...



December's SPT Challenges:


Tuesday, December 2~ love
Tuesday, December 9~ joy
Tuesday, December 16~ comfort
Tuesday, December 23~ joy
Tuesday, December 30~ hope

*****************************

LOVE
.
I want to participate in SPT today, but I don't know how well I'll do. I want to share my thoughts on the wonderful subject of LOVE, but right now my heart is so full and so empty all at the same time so it makes it hard to sort my thoughts.
.
Today we took a quick day trip to my beloved valley home, but today it wasn't fun.
Today we attended the funeral of a dear friend.
Today I saw and hugged her family, her family that I LOVE.
Today I saw and felt their strength and was touched by the LOVE they have for each other.
Today I went to the cemetery and watched this family say goodbye to the one they LOVE the most and my heart ached for them.
Today I visited my father's grave, my father who I LOVE, and remembered when I had to say goodbye to him.
Today I can still feel his LOVE, and can smile when I think of him.
I know that because of eternal LOVE our friends will smile again too.
But tonight...
Tonight it hurts.
.
.
I didn't have it in me to take a self portrait this time, but here is a picture of some people that I LOVE.

10 comments:

Dacia said...

Hope the hurt feels better soon. Loss can be so hard.

It's so great that you have such a cute family to love and that you have so much love in your life.

TheShumWAYS said...

How was the funeral?
That is a good description of love, you have such a way with words.

Missy said...

I'm sorry that you lost someone you love. Hope you feel better soon.

Courtney said...

Having those we love leave us is very painful...recognizing that is it only for a time helps just a bit...hang in there!

4boyzmdmom said...

So sorry your heart hurts right now! I guess that is the flip side of love, isn't it?! I hope you feel better soon.

mommy nurse said...

It is a good thing that we have love when the sorrow kicks in. Sorry for your loss.

Erika said...

So sorry for your loss, but happy to see that you have so many loved ones to comfort you (more than from that last time I heard from you).

I feel a little like a stalker, but I googled your name and in a round about way, linked back to your blog. Then imagine my surprise to read about your Ricks roommates betting on you kissing...I didn't do that did I? I would love to hear from you, or just get your address to send a Christmas card. My e-mail address is on my blog.

Erika

Bren's Life said...

It was so good to see you! You shocked me. Man- I just didn't realize how YOUNG you look. You look so stinking amazing for having a ton of kids & for being 40. Thank you so much for saying hi to me. I wouldn't of even of known it was you. You look like your seriously in your twenties.
You are just so Awesome!

arizonamama said...

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude."

--Joseph B. Wirthlin, "Come What May, and Love It", Ensign, Nov 2008, 26–28

Andrea said...

Wasn't the funeral wonderful? I am so grateful I knew Shelley. I didn't see you, I saw your hubby though so I knew you were there.