Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mercy me...

The 102 thing about me is that I am a serious proofreader. I read and re-read until I know it's right. I guess it comes from being a writer. I can edit my novel 500 times and still find things that are wrong. So I got a chuckle when I was going over my 100 things about me post again and noticed that I said merciless love instead of merciful love (I quickly changed it). It got me thinking that I sure am glad that our Heavenly Father and Savior's love is not merciless or man would we all be in trouble. Much like my Jamie is lucky that my love for her is not merciless because last night after we all went to bed she snuck out and had her own personal little TV party, snacks and all, until three in the morning. She said she wanted to see if she could stay up all night without anyone knowing. She might have gotten away with it if she hadn't come down for more snacks and gotten spooked by the ice maker. She ran into our room and said, "There's something scary in the kitchen!" After waking up to comfort her I realized that she had been up the whole time and ordered her to bed.
"Can't I finish my show first?" she asked me.
Are you kidding me? I remained firm, but inside I was cracking up. That is so Jamie. She was the queen of the house, having the time of her life. I love her spunky spirit.
This morning she slept in until I finally had to wake her for school (she has afternoon kindergarten). I told her that she needed to wake up for school and she asked if she had morning school today. I told her that it was her regular school time and that she had just slept the morning away. She said, "Oh, so that's why you don't want me to stay up so late."
Lesson learned. She went to bed right on time tonight, no questions asked.

3 comments:

Bren's Life said...

Wow! Now that is crazy.. I can't believe your little 5 yr old would even think to stay up all night. To my knowledge non of my kids have ever tried that...
I still can't get over how good you look with dark hair. Not that you didn't look good blond, but you look fantastic dark! You hot Mama you!

The Cranes said...

At least she figured out WHY you don't like her to go to bed late. I have a few night owls and the lightbulb has yet to go on for them--even when they have stayed up late and couldn't get up the next morning many times. Sounds like you have your hands full with that little one!

TheShumWAYS said...

That is a crack up story... oh aren't kids fun lol.