Thursday, August 21, 2014

Ordinary Bliss...

Mama’s Losin’ It

Prompt:
A blog post inspired by the word: Ordinary


 photo IMG_9660.jpg


They’re just ordinary moments from my ordinary life. Yet they pulled me in yesterday when I visited my blog to look for pictures of my dark hair (I really want dark hair again). Those ordinary moments grabbed hold of me until—pajamas still on—I realized it was time to pick up my kids from school. I read, laughed, cried, grimaced over those ordinary moments the entire day and oh how grateful I felt to have them recorded.

In retrospect I realize how wrong I was for believing blogging to be a waste of time, a silly hobby that needed to be controlled. Blogging was my journal, my life history. Precious, ordinary moments that would otherwise be lost forever are now mine to cherish (all day, in my pajamas). I’m so glad I took the time to waste that time those few, but fabulous years of blogging.

 And you know, I think I’ll be back to waste more time tomorrow.

7 comments:

Chris Treber, Incredulous Mom said...

I feel the same about blogging. It felt so silly at first. But two years later, I have a wonderful diary of my memories - some funny, some heartfelt, and the one about that time my son held poop. Ah, memories. The ordinary is really brilliant.

carol daniels said...

Oh... so perfectly said! I feel the same way about blogging. It has also become a valuable journal of my life's joys and even heartaches. Like you, it's fun to go back in time and relive the memories of past posts.

I loved your post! And, yes... we'll keep on blogging!

Jerralea said...

I agree - blogging is recording our lives. How can that be anything less than important?

Glad you had such a fun day reliving all your adventures. We all need times like that.

Unknown said...

I love your post and concur! I also came to the same conclusion in my ordinary post - I love my ordinary and I'm grateful for it. What a beautiful family you have.

Abby said...

Very nicely said! I started blogging as a way to fill time while home with my young kids. That was ten years ago.

Sweet take on the prompt!

KatBouska said...

It's so nice to hear someone looking back on blogging without regret. That's the fear right? That we're all just wasting our time and exploiting our family's moments. I feel the same as you do though, these ordinary days would never be documented like this if I hadn't started blogging. It's fun to look back!

And I love the photo you used here! Your family is adorable!

RH said...

Hi, I enjoy reading your site! Is it okay if I contact you through email? Please email me back.

Thanks!

Harry
harry.roger10 gmail.com