Thursday, March 1, 2012

So special...

PhotobucketAlign Center

I bought four mugs. We have seven people currently living in our home, but I bought four mugs. It's all the thrift store had. Four. I debated, but they were cute. So I bought them.

I set the table with my four new mugs. We have seven people currently eating at our table, but I only had four new mugs. So I alternated them with complimenting white mugs. It looked cute. I felt satisfied.

"Why don't I get a special mug?" I heard Jamie say. Followed by, "Ooo, I want a special mug." Coming from Waylon. So we adjusted and did some rearranging until all who wanted "special mugs" had one.

And I thought, "I love children." I love how their precious little minds take the simplest of things and make them "special" and exciting. If only we could remember this as mothers. Oh the world we could create for these wide-eyed, magical little souls. And oh the world we would create for ourselves in the process.

Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass;
Alma 37:6

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are cute.... I wonder what happened to my red, glass special 'birthday' plate? Just thought of it. Love you! Tornados possible here the next two day. I LOVE YOU!!!

4boyzmdmom said...

Yep, kids are great that way! I love how you applied that scripture to this situation...a different way to think about it!