(Please excuse the randomness of this picture)
I had a birthday shout hooray...
I am now officially over 40 but still fabulous I must say (I decided this is my year for not expecting warm fuzzies or validation from others, but giving it to myself) far more fabulous than last year, but only because I've learned some new, life changing things from my Savior this year and through Him we can all feel fabulous. It's true. Really. You should try it.
So I figure if I continue to learn and grow I'll remain fabulous (no plastic surgery required) throughout my 40's, 50's, 60's (well fabulous sixties doesn't have quite the same ring to it does it, so we'll say...um...super or spectacular or splendorific (you get the idea) sixties and seventies. We'll figure out the eighties and nineties later. There's time).
My birthday was a bit interesting this year to say the least. Lets recap shall we...
1) My husband was out of town :(
2) The restaurant I wanted to take the kids to (I decided if I couldn't be with my husband I'd make a fun night out with my kids, remember personal validation and warm fuzzies) was closed due to a gas leak :(
3) I accidentally told someone that I didn't like the gift they got for me (this is an awkward somewhat HILARIOUS but terrible story that I may or may not share... but most likely not) :}
4) Jamie and Waylon tried to surprise me by nearly giving me a dead child for my birthday (this story I will share but later) :o
but on the brighter side...
5) It was also the first day of school and I am now officially an empty nester during school hours mom. :)
6) My sister-in-law made me a really yummy cake (that I ate. In my bed. 'round midnight. Cuz my hubby was gone) :D
Friday, August 13, 2010
Posted by Jeanette at 8:33 AM